Local resident Bob Bloomer is currently on a mammoth sponsored cycle ride in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care.
Bob, an ex-professional footballer (Chesterfield, Bristol Rovers & Cheltenham) who now works for the Football League, trained for his ride at Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre and is supported by Giant Bradley Stoke, who have loaned him a road bike.
He is currently on Day 5 of his challenge and is finding it quite tough, especially as it’s a solo effort, but is spurred on by the continuing donations he is receiving through his website www.justgiving.com/bob-bloomer.
The schedule of Bob’s charity ride:
- Friday 6th May (Day 1) – Bristol (Rovers) to Portsmouth (training ground, Eastleigh)
- Saturday (Day 2) – Portsmouth to Oxford
- Sunday (Day 3) – Oxford to Swindon to Cheltenham
- Monday (Day 4) – Cheltenham to Walsall to Shrewsbury
- Tuesday (Day 5) – Shrewsbury to Swansea
- Wednesday (Day 6) – Swansea to Cardiff (on to Bristol)
- Thursday (Day 7) – Cardiff (Bristol) to Exeter
- Friday (Day 8) – Exeter to Plymouth to Torquay
- Saturday (Day 9) – Torquay to Yeovil
- Sunday 15th May (Day 10) – Yeovil to Bristol (City) (training ground)
Read more: Bloomer gearing up for charity challenge
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Teenager's cake bakes raise hundreds of pounds for local charity - 13th January 2021
- Grant award a welcome boost for local charity - 17th November 2020
- Local mum’s new role supporting families of children with heart conditions - 6th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke man's virtual 'around the world' charity cycle ride - 23rd May 2020
- Local residents in training for 110-mile cancer charity walk - 29th February 2020