Millions of TV viewers around the world watching the 2011 Community Shield at Wembley Stadium on Sunday were shown advertisements for a Bradley Stoke football club.
“McDonalds – Supporting Bradley Stoke Youth FC” was the message seen on advertising boards around the pitch during the game between Manchester City and Manchester United.
Martin Lee, of BSYFC, reports that the club badge also appeared on TV adverts during the breaks.
Martin told The Journal:
“I would have never thought I would get the chance to say this but ‘Bradley Stoke Youth FC appear at Wembley in the FA Community Shield, August 2011’. …. Wow! Who would have thought it?”
It is understood that the adverts were a reward for BSYFC winning the GFA Charter Standard Community Club of 2011 award and the club’s partnership with McDonalds.
The match was attended by 77,169 people and finished 3-2 in favour of United.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018