A Bradley Stoke doctor has told Jack FM he sees between four and six people each week concerned about their weight.
The radio station is running a feature on exercise this week – finding out how easy or hard it is to get it into our daily lives, in a bid to try and combat obesity.
Dr Tim Garrod, of Bradley Stoke Surgery in Brook Way, said:
“The patient has to take an active part in the management of their obesity.”
“In particular, aspects such as diets and physical activity. You cannot get away from the fact that if you eat more calories than you burn off, you will put on weight.”
Read more: Exercise Needed To Combat Obesity (Jack FM)
- Doctors in Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
- Sport and Leisure in Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
- Slimming Clubs in Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in Healthcare
- Covid-19 community testing unit to open in Bradley Stoke on Monday - 17th January 2021
- Residents urged to "help keep Bradley Stoke safe" following surge in Covid-19 cases - 21st December 2020
- ‘Living Well with Dementia‘ roadshow in Bradley Stoke on Wednesday 23rd May - 20th May 2018
- Ask the Doctor: Christmas preparations - 11th December 2017
- Event will offer hope to parents of children with neurological conditions - 7th June 2016