A girl from Bradley Stoke has made it through to the final of a popular Bristol talent contest.
Emily Baker, 11, took part in a heat of Junior Search For a Star 2011 at the Fry Club in Keynsham last Sunday and was selected to progress to the final of the competition on 9th October, when there will be cash prizes of £150, £100, £75 and £50 for the top four.
Emily, who attends St Bede’s Catholic College in Lawrence Weston, was first on stage in her heat but sang really well, says her proud mum Sharon.
The youngster got the crowd going with “Pack Up” by Eliza Doolittle and the Elton John classic “Your Song”.
She told the Bristol Evening Post:
“I love the way when you sing a note you can connect with so many people at the same time.”
“I’d love to be a singer when I’m older.”
Read more: First hopefuls take to stage in Junior Search For a Star (Bristol Evening Post)
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018