Fundraisers will be donning pyjamas slightly earlier than usual this Sunday in Bradley Stoke when they stage a sponsored walk in aid of the Lily Foundation, which raises money for research into mitochondrial disease and other metabolic disorders.
Keith Wilson (@thechiefwilson on Twitter) told The Journal that the walk is being staged to mark the second birthday of his niece, Freya, who suffers from the disease.
A Facebook event page has been set up to promote the walk, which is part of the Lily Foundation’s ‘Stay in Bed Day’.
Gemma Cooke writes on the Facebook page:
“The Lily Foundation are holding a Stay in Bed day on Sunday 25th September and seeing as this is Freya’s Birthday I thought I had to get involved!”
“Basically, I am planning to go for a walk, all around Bradley Stoke (route to be decided), starting at the Jubilee Centre (previously the Blue Hut) at 6pm.”
“The only catch, is that everyone is to wear Pyjamas! That’s, mums, dads, kids, babies, everyone! I will have Lily Foundation buckets, collection tins and balloons and all I ask is that every walker makes a small donation!”
“As its short notice I’m not bothering with sponsor forms or anything like that, literally just turn up at 6pm in your pjs and off we go!”
Gemma has also set up a sponsorship page on JustGiving.com: Freya’s Pyjama Walk
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Teenager's cake bakes raise hundreds of pounds for local charity - 13th January 2021
- Grant award a welcome boost for local charity - 17th November 2020
- Local mum’s new role supporting families of children with heart conditions - 6th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke man's virtual 'around the world' charity cycle ride - 23rd May 2020
- Local residents in training for 110-mile cancer charity walk - 29th February 2020