Bradley Stoke’s Willow Brook Centre has announced that Argos has completed contracts on an 8,000 sq. ft. unit that is set to open in late November, in time for Christmas.
The new store will occupy unit 3 of the retail terrace, between Brantano and Peacocks.
Scott Lahive, Manager of the Willow Brook Centre said:
“We will be delighted to see Argos open here in Bradley Stoke.”
“It’s also good news for all our tenants to see the Centre fully let in retail terms.”
A press release put out today by the Centre describes Argos as: “a well-established, unique retailer recognised for choice, value and convenience. It sells general merchandise and products for the home and, on average, 18 million UK households, or around two thirds of the population, have an Argos catalogue at home at any time.”
Following the re-opening of the Santander agency branch last week, this latest news means that the Centre will have 100% retail occupancy by the end of 2011, just over three years after its official opening in October 2008.
The qualifier about “retail terms” in Mr Lahive’s comment refers to the fact that a sizeable area of office space remains unlet at the Centre.
Unit 3 of the retail terrace was the subject of a recent planning application that sought permission to add a mezzanine floor.
Mr Lahive explained to The Journal:
“The mezzanine level will be 8,000 sq ft and therefore double the space of the unit. It is intend as a stock room and will not be used as a sales area.”
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Willow Brook shopping centre prepares for more businesses to reopen - June 9th, 2020
- Discount retailer One Below to open store at Willow Brook - September 19th, 2019
- Hospice charity shop now open at Willow Brook - September 6th, 2019
- Children’s Hospice South West to open new charity shop in Bradley Stoke - August 10th, 2019
- Willow Brook backtracks over speed bumps - August 2nd, 2019