Bradley Stoke Town Football Club is fielding a record four teams today (Saturday 5th November) following the official launch earlier this week of a new Bradley Stoke Town ‘B’ team.
Club Secretary Nick Potter said:
“We have never had so many players who want to play their grassroots football with Bradley Stoke Town. We were so inundated that we had to give birth to the new team to accommodate the numbers who registered.”
“We provide a well structured club in which good players can become great players and in turn we foster and nurture their talent. We love the fact we are attractive to players who want to come and play with us and we now boast signings from across the city.”
“We always welcome more players and hope the local media can broadcast our message that new enquiries are always welcome as we aim to be the first choice for adult football players in Bristol.”
The Bradley Stoke Town B Team will be managed by Mark Wilkes and Chris Laslett – both current players who have been internally promoted to drive the new B Team forward. The squad will play their matches in the Bristol & Avon Division 1.
The club recently launched its own clubhouse, at the Town Council’s Jubilee Centre, where players can enjoy a drink and watch TV after home games.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018