Next Friday (18th November) is BBC Children in Need Day and here at The Journal we’ve heard of a couple of events that are happening in the build up to the big day.
Greggs the Bakers in the Town Square at the Willow Brook Centre are holding a fundraising event tomorrow (Saturday 12th November) from 11am.
They are planning a tombola, a “guess the number of balloons in the car” challenge, children’s competitions and a raffle. The store promises to reward participants with cakes and doughnuts to take home.
Over at Bradley Stoke Community School, students have organised a Variety Show to raise money for Children in Need on Wednesday 16th November starting at 6pm.
Tickets are available from the school office at £3 for students, £4 for adults and £2 for 11 years and under.
The school says the event will only go ahead if sufficient tickets are sold, so please show your support.
Know of other Children in Need events happening in Bradley Stoke? Let us know and we’ll give you some publicity.
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Teenager's cake bakes raise hundreds of pounds for local charity - 13th January 2021
- Grant award a welcome boost for local charity - 17th November 2020
- Local mum’s new role supporting families of children with heart conditions - 6th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke man's virtual 'around the world' charity cycle ride - 23rd May 2020
- Local residents in training for 110-mile cancer charity walk - 29th February 2020