Shoppers in Bradley Stoke who are in the habit of leaving their vehicles in the car park of the Three Brooks pub while they do a spot of shopping at Tesco could be in for a surprise this weekend when a pay and display parking system is introduced.
Payment machines and signage have been installed at the Savages Wood Road site over the last few days and the system is due to go live tomorrow (Saturday 17th).
Pub Manager Stephen Williams says the measure is being introduced as a “last resort” following complaints from customers unable to find a parking place, even when the pub is not especially busy.
The situation has come to a head after the pub lost 32 of its parking spaces to the neighbouring McCarthy & Stone housing development in early October, after which Mr Williams told The Journal he was looking at “putting solutions in place” to deal with unauthorised users of the car park.
Tesco staff, shoppers visiting the Willow Brook Centre and parents picking up children from the nearby Meadowbrook Primary School are said to be the main culprits.
A charge of £2 is to be levied for a three hour stay in the car park, with the fee being refunded to customers of the pub when they place their first order.
The parking fee will be payable from early morning until 9pm. Customers wishing to leave their vehicle in the car park overnight will be exempt from charges the following morning provided they record their registration number on a list held at the bar.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020