Police investigating a fatal road traffic collision in Bradley Stoke this morning (Friday 11th May) are appealing for witnesses.
At around 8:20am, a Yamaha FZR 1000 motorcycle was travelling from the direction of the Aztec West Roundabout towards Trench Lane when the rider mounted the pavement in Wooodlands Lane for reasons that are unknown and struck a post.
The 24-year-old died as a result of his injuries.
The exact location of the incident is said to have been between Hawkley Drive and Westfield Way, near the former Yankee Candle warehouse.
Woodlands Lane was closed to traffic until around 10am, with First Bristol diverting its no. 73 buses along Pear Tree Road.
Officers investigating the incident would now like to speak to anyone who witnessed the collision or the bike prior to 8:20am. Anyone with information is asked to call the Collision Investigation Unit on 101.
UPDATE: Friends of the dead motorcyclist have this afternoon placed flowers and a lantern at the scene of the accident, which is at the Westfield Way bus stop on the eastbound side of Woodlands lane. They identified him as a Polish national who had lived in the UK for a number of years. He is said to have lived locally in North Bradley Stoke and worked at the town’s Tesco Extra store. The man’s family in Poland has been informed, they added.
Photo: Grieving friends pay their respects at the scene of the accident.
Last 5 posts in Police
- Appeal for information after Bowsland Way jewellery theft - May 10th, 2013
- Residents invited to Neighbourhood Watch meeting - March 2nd, 2013
- Bradley Stoke police beat team back up to full strength - February 11th, 2013
- Multiple collisions lead to two-hour closure of Woodlands Lane - January 10th, 2013
- Police appeal after pensioner robbed by teenager on bike - October 16th, 2012
Tags: road traffic accident