The Simpson’s fish & chip shop at the Willow Brook Centre in Bradley Stoke is to close tomorrow (Saturday 26th May) after nearly two years of trading.
Simpson’s is a family-run fish & chip business, with one other outlet in Cheltenham. A decision has been made by the family to run a solo operation.
Scott Lahive, Centre Manager for the Willow Brook Centre, said:
“We’re very sorry to see Simpson’s go and wish them continued success at their shop in Cheltenham. We’re in the fortunate position that we do have food operators keen to open at the centre, and should be able to confirm a new tenant very soon.”
Simpson’s opened at the Willow Brook Centre on Sunday 18th July 2010. At the time of the opening, the chain also operated a third shop, in Chepstow, but that business was recently sold, according to an announcement on the company’s Facebook page:
“Due to family members retiring we have regret to announce we sold our Chepstow shop. The new owners have a passion for fish and chips and we are confident they will give their all to the shop as we have.”
Bradley Stoke’s other fish & chip shop, at Ferndene (near Aldi), now trades under the name ‘Bradley Stoke British Takeaway’ after being sold by the previous operator Deep Blue.
Related link: Takeaways in Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Willow Brook shopping centre prepares for more businesses to reopen - 9th June 2020
- Discount retailer One Below to open store at Willow Brook - 19th September 2019
- Hospice charity shop now open at Willow Brook - 6th September 2019
- Children’s Hospice South West to open new charity shop in Bradley Stoke - 10th August 2019
- Willow Brook backtracks over speed bumps - 2nd August 2019