Bradley Stoke Town Football Club (BSTFC) has announced that last weekend’s charity match which saw the club field 16 squad players from all teams to face a celebrity and ex-pro ‘Mayor’s XI’, ended with £1,400 collected and donated to Heart Radio’s ‘Have A Heart‘ campaign (in association with Childline).
BSTFC spokesman Rich Sears said:
“There are so many thank yous, it is impossible to list but a big thank you to Ben Walker, Heart, all at Bradley Stoke Town Council, the players and of course the public who donated their time and money to this great event.”
“We had over 240 spectators and the club itself, showed how improved they have been recently by only losing 3-2. But in the end, the charity was the winner and we were delighted to have been part of it.”
“We are hoping to plan another event of this kind next year, in which we hope the people of Bradley Stoke can once again show their fantastic support, as they did so well on this occasion.”
The celebrity and ex-pro team included Britain’s Got Talent finalist Paul Burling and former professionals from Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Exeter City and Yeovil Town.
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Teenager's cake bakes raise hundreds of pounds for local charity - 13th January 2021
- Grant award a welcome boost for local charity - 17th November 2020
- Local mum’s new role supporting families of children with heart conditions - 6th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke man's virtual 'around the world' charity cycle ride - 23rd May 2020
- Local residents in training for 110-mile cancer charity walk - 29th February 2020