A Bradley Stoke girl who finished second in last year’s Junior Search For a Star competition at the Fry’s club in Keynsham has secured a number of solo roles in an upcoming performance of Les Misérables.
Also appearing in the show will be Danielle Cox, winner of last year’s Search for a Star, in the role of young Cosette.
Emily’s mum Sharon told The Journal:
“Emily is enjoying every moment of being part of the group and she knows every part and is constantly singing all around the house.”
“This is something Emily loves so it’s not hard work, having mum remind her to do her homework or go to bed or doing any jobs is another matter!”
Since last year, Emily has taking singing lessons at school and is to do her exam grade in June. She has also started to take piano/organ lessons.
“This is going to a fantastic production but the group need to cover the cost to stage the event.”
“They have been working hard since they joined in January but unless people come and see the show it will be all in vain.”
The show runs from Wednesday 6th June to Saturday 9th June and tickets can be purchased tickets can be purchased online or via the box office on 07927 382668. Evening performances start at 7:30pm and there are additional matinee shows at 2:30pm on Wednesday and Saturday.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018