My two sons – aged 8 and nearly 10 – have started to show interest in the ramps close to the Leisure Centre.
I have taken them a few times this holiday. They are in a disgusting state – urine smell behind the ramps, litter, broken glass, writing on the ramps.
There appears to be a security camera but is there anything else that could be done to ensure the area is useable by the up and coming children in the area?
Photo: Broken glass litters the surface of Bradley Stoke Skate Park on a Saturday morning (archive picture).
[Ed: The Town Council, which is responsible for the skate park, reported earlier this year that obscene, sexually graphic graffiti drawn with a marker pen on some of the ramps had to be removed by their Mobile Cleansing Operative. Two fence panels around the park had been vandalised and a large hole made in one of the ramps. Concerns about the skate park should be addressed to Bradley Stoke Town Council, tel: 01454 205020 or call into their office at the Jubilee Centre.]
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - January 8th, 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - September 18th, 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - May 18th, 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - March 30th, 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - December 8th, 2018