Police were called to the Baileys Court area of Bradley Stoke several times on Saturday night (22nd September) to deal with a large group of youths “causing nuisance”.
The trouble is believed to have centred on Foxcroft Close, where a house party was being held, but also spread out into Meadow Way and Baileys Court Road.
Police say they were first called at around 10pm and had to return several times despite asking the youths to “move on”.
Reports on Twitter and Facebook put the number of young people involved as high as 250 but police and residents say it was between 30 and 60.
One resident reported seeing a large number of youths, some of them “very young”, congregating along Baileys Court Road at around 11:30pm.
Witnesses say police blocked the entrance to Meadow Way but youngsters continued to “run around”, gaining access to Foxcroft Close over the wall from Webbs Wood Road.
The trouble continued into the early hours of Sunday before the youths finally dispersed. One resident reported seeing a large group of youths being ushered along Baileys Court by two police officers in the direction of Orpheus Avenue.
Police say they believe damage may have been caused to street furniture and other property in the area. Any residents wishing to report damage to their property are asked to contact police on 101.
Photo: Foxcroft Close, pictured on Sunday morning. [Photo: Anthony Ward. Original: http://t.co/9O1HBdpp]
A resident of Foxcroft Close told The Journal’s reporter:
“There are too many young people living in this street. There are always parties going on.”
Messages on Twitter suggest that youths from Filton, Patchway, Lockleaze and Yate may have been involved.
How the incident was reported on Facebook and Twitter
A selection of social media messages believed to relate to the incident:
- S**t is going off in Bradley Stoke.
- “Riot vans blocking off the street! I’ve never seen so many kids in my life”
- “… just seen mini riot outside there house 5 police cars and 200 drunken youths …”
- “Went to this party in Bradley Stoke and all these Filton lot turnt up and like tried smashing the door in and s**t x”
- “We saw [a police car] flying around the baileys court area and a lot of broken glass on meadow way around midnight.”
- “At least 250 people involved in the fight last night, aw I come from such a lovely place.”
- “There was fights all over Bradley stoke and the police were putting out road blocks and there’s was about 9 police cars!”
- “LMFAO! got taken away from bradley stoke in a police car, and then they abandon us in winterbourn!”
- “Lost in bradley stoke, been stopped by like 12 police cars, gr8 1”
- “There was a massive fight in bradley stoke last night and police were everywhere, it was like yate/patchway/bradley stoke lot xx”
Last 5 posts in Police
- Man remanded in custody following Stanley Mead burglary - 15th October 2020
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - 23rd January 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - 15th November 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - 30th July 2019
- Working group formed to tackle “spike” in ASB - 8th July 2019