The northbound carriageway of Bradley Stoke Way was closed this morning following an accident in the vicinity of a pedestrian crossing near the Willow Brook Centre.
The incident is said to have involved a cyclist and a car. Initial reports suggest that there were no serious injuries.
A police road block was in force at the Savages Wood Road Roundabout, preventing traffic from using the northbound exit onto Bradley Stoke Way.
The pedestrian crossing, which was installed only last month, was taped off while police officers investigated the scene.
Police were preparing to re-open the road when the above photo was taken at 10:10am.
UPDATE (12 noon): A Police spokesperson told The Journal:
“Police were called to Bradley Stoke Way just before 8:30am today, Monday 15th October, by the ambulance service.”
“A cyclist had come off his bike and been injured. The man was taken to Frenchay hospital with suspected head and chest injuries, which were not believed life-threatening. The road was reopened at 10:10am.”
Last 5 posts in Police
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - January 23rd, 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - November 15th, 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - July 30th, 2019
- Working group formed to tackle “spike” in ASB - July 8th, 2019
- New year starts without a single PCSO in the Stokes - February 12th, 2019