Sid and Scrat, characters from the adventure animation film Ice Age, were in town yesterday to turn on the Christmas lights at the Willow Brook Centre.
Entertainment from Bradley Stoke Radio (BSR) set the scene in the Town Square, with Santa’s elves on hand to distribute presents.
The film characters appeared at intervals during the afternoon and they received a massive cheer from their many young fans when they returned at 6pm to witness the lights switch-on.
A new feature this year is the presence of a Rotary Club Wishing Well within the animated Christmas display opposite the Santander bank agency branch in the shopping mall.
From now until Christmas, visitors to the Centre will be able to make a donation while making a wish, with all proceeds going to local youth charities and the MS Therapy Centre charity in Bradley Stoke.
Roger Worth from The Rotary Club of Bristol Aztec said:
“We would like to thank the Willow Brook Centre very much for sponsoring our Wishing Well. We’re sure it will be a great success as it’s such a popular location for Bradley Stoke residents and they are very supportive of local charities.”
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Willow Brook shopping centre prepares for more businesses to reopen - 9th June 2020
- Discount retailer One Below to open store at Willow Brook - 19th September 2019
- Hospice charity shop now open at Willow Brook - 6th September 2019
- Children’s Hospice South West to open new charity shop in Bradley Stoke - 10th August 2019
- Willow Brook backtracks over speed bumps - 2nd August 2019