Traffic in Bradley Stoke was gridlocked once again tonight, with a solid line of vehicles down the entire length of Bradley Stoke Way (southbound) and queues starting just before the Willow Brook Centre in the other direction.
In contrast to previous days when the congestion resulted from road closures caused by flooding, tonight’s gridlock is understood to be a result of problems on the local motorways.
A spokesperson for the construction company working on the M4/M5 managed motorway scheme said:
“Earlier this afternoon (Friday 23rd) a heavy goods vehicle overturned on the M5 northbound between junction 16 and the M5/M4 merge, blocking this section of carriageway entirely.”
The delays could extend well into the night as it is planned to close the motorway later this evening.
The spokesperson added:
“After peak traffic time – approximately 8pm – the M5 northbound between junctions 16 and 15 will be closed so that the HGV can be lifted by a crane off the carriageway, and as soon as this has been completed the motorway will be reopened.”
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Bus timetable changes on M1 & 73 from Sunday - 10th April 2021
- Raised table proposed for Brook Way zebra crossing - 4th April 2021
- 'Hop-on, hop-off' e-scooter hire scheme arrives in the Stokes - 14th February 2021
- Bus service frequencies to be reduced from Sunday - 22nd January 2021
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020