Traffic in Bradley Stoke was gridlocked once again tonight, with a solid line of vehicles down the entire length of Bradley Stoke Way (southbound) and queues starting just before the Willow Brook Centre in the other direction.
In contrast to previous days when the congestion resulted from road closures caused by flooding, tonight’s gridlock is understood to be a result of problems on the local motorways.
A spokesperson for the construction company working on the M4/M5 managed motorway scheme said:
“Earlier this afternoon (Friday 23rd) a heavy goods vehicle overturned on the M5 northbound between junction 16 and the M5/M4 merge, blocking this section of carriageway entirely.”
The delays could extend well into the night as it is planned to close the motorway later this evening.
The spokesperson added:
“After peak traffic time – approximately 8pm – the M5 northbound between junctions 16 and 15 will be closed so that the HGV can be lifted by a crane off the carriageway, and as soon as this has been completed the motorway will be reopened.”
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Trench Lane to be closed for six weeks at M4 bridge - July 25th, 2020
- Roundabout work set to finish three months early - July 19th, 2020
- Bus service frequencies increased to support social distancing as lockdown eased - May 31st, 2020
- Roundabout work sees 200 tonnes of material removed in first six weeks - March 9th, 2020
- Potholed Bradley Stoke road to be resurfaced - February 17th, 2020