Numerous Christmas fairs being held at local schools this weekend mark the start of the build up to the festive season for families in Bradley Stoke.
Wheatfield Primary School gets the action underway with its Christmas Fayre from 5pm this afternoon, closely followed by Baileys Court Primary School, whose Christmas Fair runs from 5:30pm to 8pm.
Earlier in the afternoon, Santa Claus makes an appearance at Stoke Lodge Primary School, where the Christmas Fayre runs from 3:30pm to 5:30pm.
Saturday afternoon (8th December) sees Meadowbrook Primary School holding its Christmas Fayre between 1pm and 5pm.
Also on Saturday, St Michael’s Primary School in Stoke Gifford stages its annual Christmas Fair, from 1pm until 4pm.
Saturday also sees the ever-popular traditional Carol Service on The Green in Stoke Gifford, organised by St Michael’s Church (6:30pm start).
Musical voices will also be heard in the Town Square at the Willow Brook Centre next Wednesday (12th December), from 5:45pm, when the newly-formed Bradley Stoke Community Singers are inviting members of the public to sing along and watch the group being officially “opened” by the Mayor.
Looking ahead to next weekend, the Stokes Singers have their annual Christmas Concert at Christ the King Church on Saturday (15th December) and Winterbourne Medieval Barn stages its ticket-only ‘Carols in the Barn’ event on both Saturday and Sunday evenings (15th/16th).
Photo: Carols from the Stokes Singers at the Willow Brook Centre, Bradley Stoke.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020