A house in Great Meadow Road had the best Christmas lights display in Bradley Stoke for 2012, according to a charity reader poll conducted by The Journal.
The property was selected from a shortlist of five entries that had been recommended by fans of our Facebook page in the run-up to Christmas.
Attracting 144 votes from the total of 322 cast, the Great Meadow Road house ran out a clear winner, ahead of properties in Watch Elm Close (71 votes), Juniper Way (50 votes), Tarragon Place (30 votes) and Wheatfield Drive (28 votes).
The reader poll, which ran from 23rd December 2012 to 2nd January 2013, was kindly sponsored by local law firm Hutchinson Legal & Associates, who will donate £100 to a charity chosen by the owner/tenant of the winning property.
A big thank you to all readers who made recommendations and took part in the poll. We look forward to repeating the exercise next Christmas!
The nominated charity will be announced in due course.
Last 5 posts in General News
- New year brings a new name for the Bradley Stoke Rotary Club - February 9th, 2015
- All fibre broadband cabinets now "live and ready for service" - January 24th, 2015
- Residents may have to pre-register before using Sort It sites - January 16th, 2015
- New Year cheer for hundreds still waiting for faster broadband - January 10th, 2015
- Out this weekend: January 2015 edition of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine - January 4th, 2015
Share this article: