A house in Great Meadow Road had the best Christmas lights display in Bradley Stoke for 2012, according to a charity reader poll conducted by The Journal.
The property was selected from a shortlist of five entries that had been recommended by fans of our Facebook page in the run-up to Christmas.
Attracting 144 votes from the total of 322 cast, the Great Meadow Road house ran out a clear winner, ahead of properties in Watch Elm Close (71 votes), Juniper Way (50 votes), Tarragon Place (30 votes) and Wheatfield Drive (28 votes).
The reader poll, which ran from 23rd December 2012 to 2nd January 2013, was kindly sponsored by local law firm Hutchinson Legal & Associates, who will donate £100 to a charity chosen by the owner/tenant of the winning property.
A big thank you to all readers who made recommendations and took part in the poll. We look forward to repeating the exercise next Christmas!
The nominated charity will be announced in due course.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Bristol City FC players undergo oxygen treatment in Bradley Stoke - December 14th, 2014
- Yarn bombers call on residents to "adopt a lamp post for Christmas" - December 12th, 2014
- Mixed news on broadband front – hundreds still waiting for fibre - December 11th, 2014
- Pub's Christmas gift appeal will benefit underprivileged children - December 10th, 2014
- ‘Bobbly Stoke’ yarn bombing stunt a big hit with residents - December 8th, 2014
Share this article: