A house in Great Meadow Road had the best Christmas lights display in Bradley Stoke for 2012, according to a charity reader poll conducted by The Journal.
The property was selected from a shortlist of five entries that had been recommended by fans of our Facebook page in the run-up to Christmas.
Attracting 144 votes from the total of 322 cast, the Great Meadow Road house ran out a clear winner, ahead of properties in Watch Elm Close (71 votes), Juniper Way (50 votes), Tarragon Place (30 votes) and Wheatfield Drive (28 votes).
The reader poll, which ran from 23rd December 2012 to 2nd January 2013, was kindly sponsored by local law firm Hutchinson Legal & Associates, who will donate £100 to a charity chosen by the owner/tenant of the winning property.
A big thank you to all readers who made recommendations and took part in the poll. We look forward to repeating the exercise next Christmas!
The nominated charity will be announced in due course.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Star of the Stokes: Nigel Parsons - July 18th, 2016
- MetroBus contractors Alun Griffiths help town council with groundworks - July 17th, 2016
- Scouts join thousands at county jamboree - July 15th, 2016
- Bowls club charity day marks the Queen’s 90th - July 13th, 2016
- Bradley Stoke Tesco Extra staff raise funds for the ‘Kisses for Kaylum’ appeal - July 8th, 2016
Share this article: