The Stokes Art Group has now been running successfully for a year and is looking for new members to join for 2013.
The group was formed after local artist Susan Hartry appealed for like-minded individuals to attend an exploratory meeting in November 2011.
According to the group’s website:
“The aim of the Stokes Art Group is for local Artists to meet on a regular basis to work, chat, demonstrate and showcase their art, with like-minded people. Nothing is expected of Members, but there can be a lot to gain by being part of a group who talk the same language – as in a dash of French Ultramarine with a little bit of Light Red! “
A new series of art workshop sessions starts this week, held on Tuesday evenings and Thursday mornings at Christ the King Church, Mautravers Close. The first sessions are on:
- Tuesday 8th January – 7pm to 9:30pm
- Thursday 10th January – 10am to 12:30pm
Related link: What’s On in Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018