The snow and ice put an end to most local sport last weekend but it failed to deter a hardy group from local ladies’ running club Sole Sisters, who took part in a 12-mile training run near Bitton Station on Saturday.
Club member Karen Gaman said:
“A huge well done to the Sole Sisters who turned up on Saturday to attempt a 12-mile run – it was a brilliant effort despite the uneven ground and it was some of the most beautiful scenery to run in.”
Sole Sisters recently started a six week beginners’ course and they will be repeating the first session next Monday (28th January).
The club’s premier event of the year, the Bradley Stoke 10k Run, will be held this year on Sunday 9th June.
Bradley Stoke Bowls Club on the look out for new members
The Baileys Court bowling green may be covered in snow but the local club is looking forward to the start of a new season in April. Press Officer Glen Wintle sent us this update:
The outdoor lawn bowls season runs from April to September and we are looking for new players to join the club.
We currently have a membership of approximately 80 members, male and female, playing an average of five matches a week. If we can encourage any new potential bowlers they will receive training early in the season.
If you would like to see your club’s news and/or match reports appear in future editions of the Bradley Stoke Sport Report, please email your contribution to our newsdesk by 6pm on a Monday.
Last 5 posts in Sport
- Young footballers back in training at new base - 1st October 2020
- Every step matters for the Sole Sisters runners - 30th September 2020
- Ladies’ football teams ready for new season - 19th September 2020
- Hundreds attend Butty’s memorial match at BSCS - 10th February 2020
- Sole Sisters can get you running – Beginners’ course starts Monday 6th January - 5th January 2020