The snow and ice put an end to most local sport last weekend but it failed to deter a hardy group from local ladies’ running club Sole Sisters, who took part in a 12-mile training run near Bitton Station on Saturday.
Club member Karen Gaman said:
“A huge well done to the Sole Sisters who turned up on Saturday to attempt a 12-mile run – it was a brilliant effort despite the uneven ground and it was some of the most beautiful scenery to run in.”
Sole Sisters recently started a six week beginners’ course and they will be repeating the first session next Monday (28th January).
The club’s premier event of the year, the Bradley Stoke 10k Run, will be held this year on Sunday 9th June.
Bradley Stoke Bowls Club on the look out for new members
The Baileys Court bowling green may be covered in snow but the local club is looking forward to the start of a new season in April. Press Officer Glen Wintle sent us this update:
The outdoor lawn bowls season runs from April to September and we are looking for new players to join the club.
We currently have a membership of approximately 80 members, male and female, playing an average of five matches a week. If we can encourage any new potential bowlers they will receive training early in the season.
If you would like to see your club’s news and/or match reports appear in future editions of the Bradley Stoke Sport Report, please email your contribution to our newsdesk by 6pm on a Monday.
Last 5 posts in Sport
- Local group's 'couch to 5km' course attracts more than 50 new runners - April 28th, 2015
- Great season for Bradley Stoke United FC - April 18th, 2015
- Rugby hero Ryan Jones gives juniors training session of a lifetime - April 2nd, 2015
- Local bowls club welcomes new members - March 24th, 2015
- Beginners' running course: From couch to 3 miles in 8 weeks! - March 17th, 2015
Share this article: