A Year 12 student at Bradley Stoke Community School (BSCS) is competing to win a scholarship at a prestigious London culinary school but needs the support of the local community to achieve her dream.
Abbie Pearce has applied for the highly renowned Le Cordon Bleu UK Scholarship and is currently competing for a place in the semi-finals.
The winner of the competition will gain a place studying for the renowned Grand Diplôme qualification and be provided with accommodation in the heart of London for the duration of their studies
Abbie has previously shown her culinary talent through winning Bristol’s Junior Chef in 2011. She also won the local round of the Rotary Club ‘Young Chef of the Year’ competition in 2011 and 2012.
A message on the BSCS website explains:
“To gain a place in the semi-finals, all she needs is the most ‘likes’ on a video she uploaded to the official Le Cordon Bleu Scholarship website explaining why she thinks she deserves to be considered for this incredible opportunity. She has done brilliantly but more is required to confirm the place she wants so badly. Please spread the word and do all you can to get her to the semi-finals.”
To vote for Abbie, visit:
and click on the ‘thumbs up’ symbol above the video.
Photo: Phil King (President, Bristol Aztec Rotary Club) presents Abbie with her prize and certificate for winning the 2012 Young Chef of the Year competition.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020