Weather relents to give all four BSTFC teams a game on Saturday

Stu Pyett on the ball for the Bradley Stoke Town FC Reserves.

Due to the weather, we have not seen all four men’s team in action on the same day for a long time.

Saturday was a first, as they all got a game.

The game I watched was the one involving Bradley Stoke Town FC (BSTFC) Reserves, who played on the bottom pitch at the Jubilee Centre, as the First Team were away.

The game started quite tense and uneasily but it soon found its way as South Bristol Central won a scrappy free kick that was positioned in front of the goal. It was struck firm and hard towards the replacement goalkeeper who spilled it back into his own net to give the visitors the lead.

Not long after, the home side equalised through Sam Chillcott, after James Holbrook nodded the ball down to him from an Adam Sykes corner. A good finish from Chillcott, who looked strong all game.

The third goal was another scrappy affair that the defence could have dealt with a bit better than they did – the ball squared back from the by-line and bundled over the line for South Bristol’s second of the game, and this was how it stayed until half time.

Early on in the second half, South Bristol claimed two early goals that almost finished Bradley Stoke. The first was another scrappy goal that they could have done better with, similar to the second, the ball squared and the defence not tight enough, and Chapman was allowed to finish.

The fourth goal, launched into the penalty area from inside the South Bristol half,  saw the keeper letting the ball go straight through his hands and into the net.

This was not the end of the goalkeeping errors, as the fifth goal was similar, if not worse. The ball has been struck into the penalty area, easily catchable from the goalkeeper’s perspective, but no, it was spilled into the net for South Bristol’s fifth goal.

That is how the game finished and the final score went down as 5-1.

Listen to Connor Summers’s interview with BSTFC Reserves Team manager James Collis-Pritchard:

Audio clip courtesy of Connor Summers and Bradley Stoke Radio

Other results from the BSTFC Saturday teams:

  • BSTFC First Team 4 – 1 Rangeworthy (Zobir Homoyoun, Lukas Entoundi (2) and Craig Potter)
  • BSTFC A team 3 – 1 Winford PH A (Paul Zambrzycki (2) and Dan Corrick)
  • BSTFC B Team 0 – 1 Wessex Wanderers

Rugby: St Mary’s Old Boys RFC

St Mary’s put up a tremendous fight against top of the league Frampton, losing by just one point. The final score was 21-22, in what was described as a “slightly bad tempered and edgy match”, where the referee was forced to issue five yellow cards and one red.

If you would like to see your club’s news and/or match reports appear in future editions of the Bradley Stoke Sport Report, please email your contribution to our newsdesk by 6pm on a Monday.

Share this page: