Two fearless members of staff from a Bradley Stoke opticians recently took to the skies to raise money for Bristol Eye Hospital.
Emma Norris and Sania Mohammed from Specsavers in the Willow Brook Centre bravely took part in a sky dive on Sunday 19th May to raise money for Above & Beyond. They each raised £135 to do the jump and donations are still rolling in.
Assistant manager Emma jumped from 10,000 feet while optical assistant Sania, who is afraid of heights, jumped from 15,000 feet above the Devon countryside.
“It’s the first time either of us have ever done anything like this,” said Emma. “We were both very nervous, perhaps Sania slightly more so than me! We both couldn’t believe we’d done it when we reached the ground but it was very exhilarating and for a great cause that we’ve been supporting for some time.”
Back in 2011, a group of nine Specsavers stores across Bristol teamed up to raise money for Above & Beyond and specifically the children’s unit at Bristol Eye Hospital. As part of that campaign, the Bradley Stoke store’s assistant manager Terri Jenkins took part in a sponsored skydive. To date they’ve raised more than £18,000 to help fund specialist equipment.
If you would like to make a donation to Above & Beyond, you can still do so by visiting the Specsavers store at the Willow Brook Centre.
Photo: (L-R) Bradley Stoke Specsavers staff members Emma Norris and Sania Mohammed at their charity skydive.
Last 5 posts in Charities
- Bradley Stoke man's virtual 'around the world' charity cycle ride - May 23rd, 2020
- Local residents in training for 110-mile cancer charity walk - February 29th, 2020
- Marie Curie fundraisers looking for new volunteers in 2020 - January 18th, 2020
- Mental Elf Run a resounding success - January 10th, 2020
- Local community makes a splash for cash - September 26th, 2019