Police have sealed off an area on the north side of the “duck pond” in Bradley Stoke’s Three Brooks Local Nature Reserve and a Crime Scene Investigation unit is at the scene, following the discovery of a body earlier today.
At midday, a total of ten police vehicles were parked at the lake or in nearby Juniper Way, where an ambulance was also seen.
During the morning, the police helicopter made several passes over the town, focusing on the area above the nature reserve.
A police spokesperson told The Journal:
“We received a call from a member of the public at around 10.30 this morning (Tuesday 2nd July), following the discovery of a body of a man.”
“Officers are in attendance and a cordon has been put into place.”
“The death is currently being treated as unexplained.”
UPDATE (Tue 3rd July, 9.25am): Police say they are waiting to hear the results of a post mortem examination, due to take place today. No further information about the circumstances of the death has been released.
UPDATE (Tue 3rd July, 4.15pm): Police statement: “The post mortem has been completed and has not identified a cause of death, however at this stage we do not believe it to be suspicious.”
Related link: Police in Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in Police
- Man remanded in custody following Stanley Mead burglary - 15th October 2020
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - 23rd January 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - 15th November 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - 30th July 2019
- Working group formed to tackle “spike” in ASB - 8th July 2019