A giant sculpture of the animated film character Gromit (of Wallace & Gromit fame) is drawing the crowds to the grounds of a Bradley Stoke accountancy firm’s office in Woodlands Lane.
Dunkley’s Chartered Accountants and Auditors, based at Woodlands Grange, have sponsored one of 80 Gromit sculptures placed at sites around Bristol as part of a ten-week-long charity fundraising event.
Led by Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Appeal and Aardman Animations, Gromit Unleashed is a public art exhibition in which giant sculptures of Gromit, decorated by invited artists, have been unleashed on the streets of Bristol and the surrounding area.
At the end of the art trail, the sculptures will be auctioned to raise funds for Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Appeal, the Bristol Children’s Hospital charity.
Send us your Bradley Stoke Gromit photo! The collage above shows photos of the Dunkley’s Gromit that have been submitted to the Bradley Stoke Journal’s Facebook page. See the full album here. To have your photo included, send us a Facebook message with your photo attached or email to: email@example.com. Please include a caption. The most-liked photos will also appear in the August edition of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine.
Next Saturday (20th July), Dunkley’s are holding a car boot sale to raise even more money for Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Appeal. The event takes place from 10am to 2pm. More details on the BSJ Facebook page.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020