Students and staff at Bradley Stoke Community School (BSCS) are mourning the sudden death of a Year 8 student whilst on a family holiday.
An announcement placed on the school website earlier today reads:
We are deeply saddened and shocked to have to announce the sudden death of Sarah Port who was in tutor group 8G. She died whilst on holiday with her family from streptococcal septicaemia. The thoughts and prayers of the whole school community are with her family and friends at this time of tragic loss and grief.
Sarah was a lovely, kind, well-liked and cheerful student. She was lively and fully engaged in the academic and community aspects of school life. Sarah had a special love of the sporting and active opportunities offered by school and was keen to volunteer and get involved. She represented school at netball and had recently extended her love of the water by going on a school trip to Spain in July, where she enjoyed sailing, snorkelling and other water sports.
Sarah will be missed enormously by her friends, fellow students and all the staff at school. A memorial and an opportunity to pay tribute to Sarah will be planned, alongside her family and friends, on our return to school in September. In the meantime please think of her family and close friends as the funeral is planned for later this week. There will only be family flowers and so the school community will make a donation in Sarah’s memory once the details of this are known.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021