I am contacting you today to try and reach out to any childminders who may be able to help me.
Me and my partner, Joanna, are struggling to find anyone able to help out with picking up our child Jack from Meadowbrook Primary School and looking after him for an hour. We were caught out with after school club because we didn’t realise parents were booking it up last September! We were talking to someone from the school over the six week holidays about getting Jack into after school club; they told us that when she got back off holiday she would sort it. Then she told us it was full with just two weeks left before full term started!
So we have had to ask a family friend to help us out, but there is no guarantee this can last.
We have tried official childminding websites and even spoken to a couple of childminders directly. We have had no response from anyone…
I am beginning to feel cursed!
Our hands feel a little tied right now. Neither me or my partner can take part-time at the jobs we currently have. I am only able to do late shifts due to the recent bus timetable change meaning I am unable to get into town on time for an early morning shift and my partner can start no earlier than 8am, finishing at 4pm.
As you can understand, we are desperate – in a bit of a quandary.
We have been told after school club may have a space after the October half term, but that is a long shot.
I was hoping you would be able to squeeze a small ad or piece about this in the next Journal in the vain hope someone would actually be willing to help us.
Any help you can provide would be massively appreciated! Please call me on 07766 861239.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021