The Willow Brook Centre in Bradley Stoke has won a Green Apple Environment Award in the national campaign to find Britain’s greenest companies, councils and communities.
It competed against more than 500 other nominations and Centre Manager Scott Lahive and Joy Souch, Centre Administrator, were presented with the award at a glittering ceremony in the House of Commons on Monday 11th November.
Mr Lahive said:
“We are already proud to have won the national Shopping Centre Sceptre Award for Waste Management and the highly regarded Silver Zero Waste Award. It’s a fantastic achievement to add a Green Apple Award to the list.”
“All three awards are testament to the great team we have at the centre, and their dedication to the environment.”
The Green Apple Awards began in 1994 and have become established as the country’s major recognition for environmental endeavour among companies, councils, communities and countries.
The awards are organised by The Green Organisation, an independent, non-political, non-activist, non-profit environment group dedicated to recognising and promoting environmental best practice.
Judges for the Green Apple Awards are drawn from the Environment Agency, the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, the Chartered Institution for Wastes Management and other independent bodies.
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Willow Brook shopping centre prepares for more businesses to reopen - 9th June 2020
- Discount retailer One Below to open store at Willow Brook - 19th September 2019
- Hospice charity shop now open at Willow Brook - 6th September 2019
- Children’s Hospice South West to open new charity shop in Bradley Stoke - 10th August 2019
- Willow Brook backtracks over speed bumps - 2nd August 2019