A man who answered his door was confronted by two men in balaclavas in an attempted robbery in Bradley Stoke.
The incident happened at 6pm on Saturday 28th December in Broad Croft (off Pear Tree Road).
A man in his 80s answered his door when two men pushed their way into his home and demanded he tell them where the drugs were.
They forced him to sit in a chair while one of the men ran upstairs where his wife was in bed and seconds later the offender ran back down and they both left.
An investigation into the incident has begun and police say they would like to hear from anyone who knows who the men were or saw them arriving in or leaving the area.
DC Dai Nicholas, who is investigating the incident, said:
“This was a frightening incident with incidents like this often having a significant impact on the health of elderly victims. A paramedic attended the scene to make sure the victims were OK and we will be supporting them throughout our investigation.”
“I believe this was a case of mistaken identity and that the robbery was targeted at another person or group. I would appeal to anyone who has information about the incident to come forward and tell us what they know so that we can identify the people involved.”
Anyone with information about the incident should contact Avon and Somerset Police on 101 and quote 129468/13.
Related link: Police in Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in Police
- Man remanded in custody following Stanley Mead burglary - 15th October 2020
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - 23rd January 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - 15th November 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - 30th July 2019
- Working group formed to tackle “spike” in ASB - 8th July 2019