The police and ambulance services attended a road traffic collision in Savages Wood Road early this morning, after a vehicle travelling eastbound ploughed into a van parked in front of the Hornbeam Close flats.
The incident (pictured above), which involved a green Vauxhall Corsa and a white Vauxhall van, occurred at around 6.40am, in foggy conditions.
The owner of the van, who was in his flat when he heard a “loud bang”, said the incident was attended by one police vehicle and an ambulance. He told The Journal that his van had been shunted about 4m down the road as a result of the collision.
Bus operator First reported on its Facebook page at 7.52am:
“There has been a serious accident on Savages Road, Bradley Stoke causing delays on the 73. At the moment we can pass in heavy traffic, however road may be closed soon.”
The driver of the Corsa was taken to hospital complaining of chest pains and the accident scene was cleared just before 8am.
Editor’s note: Readers of The Journal have previously complained of cars parked on Savages Wood Road making it difficult for traffic to simultaneously flow in both directions along this section of the road. Residents of (and visitors to) properties in Hornbeam Close say they are forced to park on Savages Wood Road because of inadequate off-road parking provision at the flats.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021