Bristol Fashion Week (BFW) Spring/Summer 2014 was launched at The Mall, Cribbs Causeway on Wednesday (26th March) and runs until Sunday (30th March).
The show is once again hosted by the fabulous Mark Heyes and celebrity hairdresser Andrew Barton. The performance lasts for one hour, showcasing all the high street stores in The Mall and styling trends such as pastels, primary colours, and ‘patterns to flatter’ from many stores including River Island, Marks & Spencer, John Lewis and Next.
Key trends this spring/summer are nautical styles to flatter all body shapes, including stripes teamed with long-lined necklaces, to help elongate the body.
The Body Shop outshone themselves once again with the models’ make up, complementing the hair styled by the artistic team at Tomlinson Hairdressing.
As well as wonderful refreshments and goody bags, all guests receive a book of discount vouchers and competitions.
The hosts, Mark and Andrew, took part in the #nomakeupselfie campaign by putting makeup and wigs on – this has been a big craze this month on social networks, and the stunt raised further money for the cause, which is helping raise awareness of breast cancer.
Also attending the event were representatives of the Bristol Breast Care Centre, whose £500,000 appeal is being supported by Bristol Fashion Week.
Tickets for the remaining shows are still available from £8.95 (order online or purchase from the information desk at The Mall). A highly recommended day out, so why not pop down and treat yourself?
Rhian Power and Katie Meacham attended Thursday afternoon’s Bristol Fashion Week show courtesy of The Mall.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020