I’m wondering if anyone has addressed/explained the issue of police(?) helicopters circling overhead in the early hours in Bradley Stoke? Does anyone else find it annoying/deafening?
I find it extremely disturbing, terrifying even, to be woken up by the thunderous noise of it circling, then going away and coming back. It seems to be so close.
It’s really nerve-racking, making me worry that someone might be using my garden as a hiding place, and then being unable to get back to sleep afterwards. And followed of course by the inevitable exhaustion at work the next day due to disturbed sleep. Surely it must disturb children as well? That can’t be good.
I’m writing now [00.13 on Tuesday 20th May] as a helicopter has just flown over, so it’s kind of fresh in my mind – doesn’t really augur well for a decent night’s sleep tonight does it? I’m sure it will be back. 🙁
Photo: Archive image of the helicopter of the Western Counties Air Operations Unit.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Coronavirus: Volunteering to ensure the most vulnerable in our community are supported - July 10th, 2020
- Change of hands for Bright Sparks pre-schools - July 8th, 2020
- Prints of local student's 'hero' word art drawing now available to order - June 20th, 2020
- Petition launched after Holy Trinity serves notice on private after-school club - June 17th, 2020
- Local student's 'hero' word art drawing to be raffled for charity - May 11th, 2020