I’m wondering if anyone has addressed/explained the issue of police(?) helicopters circling overhead in the early hours in Bradley Stoke? Does anyone else find it annoying/deafening?
I find it extremely disturbing, terrifying even, to be woken up by the thunderous noise of it circling, then going away and coming back. It seems to be so close.
It’s really nerve-racking, making me worry that someone might be using my garden as a hiding place, and then being unable to get back to sleep afterwards. And followed of course by the inevitable exhaustion at work the next day due to disturbed sleep. Surely it must disturb children as well? That can’t be good.
I’m writing now [00.13 on Tuesday 20th May] as a helicopter has just flown over, so it’s kind of fresh in my mind – doesn’t really augur well for a decent night’s sleep tonight does it? I’m sure it will be back. 🙁
Photo: Archive image of the helicopter of the Western Counties Air Operations Unit.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020