I’m wondering if anyone has addressed/explained the issue of police(?) helicopters circling overhead in the early hours in Bradley Stoke? Does anyone else find it annoying/deafening?
I find it extremely disturbing, terrifying even, to be woken up by the thunderous noise of it circling, then going away and coming back. It seems to be so close.
It’s really nerve-racking, making me worry that someone might be using my garden as a hiding place, and then being unable to get back to sleep afterwards. And followed of course by the inevitable exhaustion at work the next day due to disturbed sleep. Surely it must disturb children as well? That can’t be good.
I’m writing now [00.13 on Tuesday 20th May] as a helicopter has just flown over, so it’s kind of fresh in my mind – doesn’t really augur well for a decent night’s sleep tonight does it? I’m sure it will be back. 🙁
Photo: Archive image of the helicopter of the Western Counties Air Operations Unit.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021