The 2014 Bradley Stoke Community Festival gets under way at 10.30am today (Friday 6th June) with children’s entertainment on Jubilee Green, Savages Wood Road [BS32 8HL].
Professor Panic presents his range of circus skills, juggling and entertainment in the Big Top, alongside local craft and community stalls and a bouncy castle. Refreshments will be served by the local WI during the morning with face painting available for the toddlers. The Friends of Jubilee Green will also be running their popular treasure hunt and there will be activities from the local Woodcraft folk and play groups.
The full schedule of events is:
- 10.30am: Story time in the park amphitheatre (if dry) with First Steps toddler group
- 11am: Parachute games with the Woodcraft folk
- 11.30am: Singing/music in the park amphitheatre (if dry) with First Steps toddler group
- 12pm: Parachute games with the Woodcraft folk
- 1.30pm – 2.30pm: Professor Panic circus show
Activities running throughout the morning include:
- Bouncy castle
- Treasure Hunt with the Friends of Jubilee Green in the park
- Decorate a plant pot and plant sunflower seeds with the Friends of Jubilee Green in the park
- Brass rubbings with the Friends of Jubilee Green in the park
- WI café and stalls inside.
More info and full programme: 2014 Community Festival (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - 8th January 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - 18th September 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - 18th May 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - 30th March 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - 8th December 2018