A new ‘fruit & veg’ stall has begun trading in the town square at the Willow Brook Centre.
Ronnie’s Fruit, Veg & Salad opened last Wednesday (4th June) and has been doing brisk trade, particularly on fine days.
Run by Warren Shepherd, the operation offers products that are purchased “fresh every day” from a local wholesaler.
The stall trades on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, opening at 8.30am and running through to approximately 5.30pm, or earlier if all the produce been sold.
Warren, who is also a professional boxer and part-time doorman, previously helped out two days a week on a fruit & veg stall in Yate before deciding to branch out on his own in Bradley Stoke. He told The Journal:
“The business has really taken off. Customers are already recommending us to friends and we sold out early on our second day of trading.”
Claiming that he is offering fruit such as strawberries and grapes “at half the price of the supermarkets”, Warren said there have been “no issues” with the Tesco Extra store that is located just metres away from his stall.
Related link: Shopping in Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Willow Brook shopping centre prepares for more businesses to reopen - 9th June 2020
- Discount retailer One Below to open store at Willow Brook - 19th September 2019
- Hospice charity shop now open at Willow Brook - 6th September 2019
- Children’s Hospice South West to open new charity shop in Bradley Stoke - 10th August 2019
- Willow Brook backtracks over speed bumps - 2nd August 2019