I was wondering if anybody keeps bees or knows of anyone that does, in the Hawkins Crescent area? Or if anyone has experienced any problems with bees around their home recently?
We have had a large amount of honey bees attempting to set up home in the wall cavity of our house via an airbrick. A beekeeper thinks it may have been a caste from a local hive scouting out the house to start a new hive and said it’s probably very close.
Honey bees are lovely but we would be happier if they stayed outside!
Interested to hear of anything similar happening in the area.
Stock photo: Honey bee (Apis mellifera). [Credit: Charlesjsharp; licence: CC BY-SA 3.0; link: http://bit.ly/1pHCbJC)
Last 5 posts in General News
- Bradley Stoke Library reopens for browsing - 25th October 2020
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020