I was wondering if anybody keeps bees or knows of anyone that does, in the Hawkins Crescent area? Or if anyone has experienced any problems with bees around their home recently?
We have had a large amount of honey bees attempting to set up home in the wall cavity of our house via an airbrick. A beekeeper thinks it may have been a caste from a local hive scouting out the house to start a new hive and said it’s probably very close.
Honey bees are lovely but we would be happier if they stayed outside!
Interested to hear of anything similar happening in the area.
Stock photo: Honey bee (Apis mellifera). [Credit: Charlesjsharp; licence: CC BY-SA 3.0; link: http://bit.ly/1pHCbJC)
Last 5 posts in General News
- Local student's 'hero' word art drawing to be raffled for charity - May 11th, 2020
- Lake desilting project: Further details released - May 10th, 2020
- [Letter] What are they doing to our town centre? - March 4th, 2020
- Local mum and son team become published authors - March 3rd, 2020
- Councillors overruled: McDonald’s and Starbucks drive-throughs allowed on appeal - February 26th, 2020