I was wondering if anybody keeps bees or knows of anyone that does, in the Hawkins Crescent area? Or if anyone has experienced any problems with bees around their home recently?
We have had a large amount of honey bees attempting to set up home in the wall cavity of our house via an airbrick. A beekeeper thinks it may have been a caste from a local hive scouting out the house to start a new hive and said it’s probably very close.
Honey bees are lovely but we would be happier if they stayed outside!
Interested to hear of anything similar happening in the area.
Stock photo: Honey bee (Apis mellifera). [Credit: Charlesjsharp; licence: CC BY-SA 3.0; link: http://bit.ly/1pHCbJC)
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021