The weather is looking set fair for tomorrow’s Bradley Stoke Carnival, which starts with a colourful internationally-themed walking carnival parade, leaving the Brook Way Activity Centre [BS32 9DA] at 1pm and then parading down Brook Way to Jubilee Green [BS32 8HL].
The parade is open to everyone and all community groups and individuals are invited to join Bezerkaz Circus’ stilt walkers and other performers.
Jubilee Green will play host to a family funfair, classic and kit car displays, stalls, face painting, ice cream seller, licensed bar, live music, a demonstration area (hosted by Bradley Stoke Radio) and free drumming workshops. Music acts include The Twerzels (Wurzels tribute band), Dave Harris, Mia and Tuesday Eagle, Spin Sister and S.A.M.S Band.
Key timings: 11am Funfair opens; 12pm Carnival field opens; 2pm (approx) Carnival parade arrives; 3pm: Live music starts; 7.15pm (approx) Stage closes.
A 1950 vintage red bus will be providing ‘free of charge’ short bus rides around the north of Bradley Stoke, leaving and returning via a dedicated temporary bus stop just outside Jubilee Green and running from 2pm to 5pm.
A number of hot air balloon ascents from the Jubilee Centre site are planned over the carnival weekend (weather permitting). The forecast is currently looking good for launches at 6am and 7pm on Saturday and Sunday.
For the latest carnival news, visit the Bradley Stoke Carnival page on Facebook.
Above: Carnival programme (click to enlarge).
Download the full carnival programme as a printable PDF here (see page 2 of the document).
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021