Sheila Wilcox introduces Bradley Stoke’s friendly running group…
North Bristol Running Group meets regularly in Bradley Stoke and consists of a local and friendly group who enjoy running together and supporting each other to train.
Training runs set out at 6.30pm from Bradley Stoke Doctors’ Surgery on Brook Way and we communicate our training plan via the ‘North Bristol Running Group’ Facebook page.
The group is completely free of charge and members can attend as and when they can.
Runs on Tuesday evenings are generally aimed at those new to running and runs tend to be longer and faster as the week progresses.
We have enjoyed a great summer of running through the Bradley Stoke nature reserve and have taken some of our runs to other parts of Bristol as part of a series of ‘Summer Sizzlers’.
It’s time now to buckle down to winter training and it’s a great time to start running regularly.
If you are interested in joining us please join our Facebook page or contact Alan Wilcox on 07890 182387. Everyone is welcome!
Photo: Members of the group prepare to set off on a run from Bradley Stoke Surgery.
This article originally appeared in the October 2014 edition of the Bradley Stoke Journal news magazine, delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH, to 9,450 homes in Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in Sport
- The virtual road to the London Marathon 2020 - 2nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke pair clinch trophy in delayed championship final - 17th November 2020
- Girls, come and play football with BSYFC! - 10th November 2020
- Young footballers back in training at new base - 1st October 2020
- Every step matters for the Sole Sisters runners - 30th September 2020