What is with the traffic today around Bradley Stoke? Took me 15 mins to travel from the roundabout at the bottom of Braydon Avenue to the Jubilee Centre. First sign of congestion at the Aztec roundabout and the whole town grinds to a halt.
Photo: Archive image of traffic congestion at the Aztec West Roundabout.
Ed: Plenty of discussion about this on our Facebook page this morning. See: http://on.fb.me/1tyzVrL
A sample of the comments:
- Emma Nicholson: “Guess why the kids have gone back to school and the council can’t organise roadworks and perform them right! Let’s make 2 lanes into 1 and wonder why Bradley Stoke, Aztec and everywhere [is at] a standstill”
- Simon Kneller: “The traffic planner for the council should be brought to account. If I made such a catastrophic and incompetent mistake I would sacked!”
- Martin Lamb: “Wait till they build ‘Filton Keynes’ – you will see gridlock then.”
- Alison Smallcombe: “Our council really should be ashamed of their organisation. These traffic problems wouldn’t happen in other countries.”
- Matthew Goddard: “One lane taken out of M5 J16 roundabout and this is what it causes.. Wouldn’t be so bad if it was being worked on, but not a workman in sight! SGC planners = joke!”
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020
- Rabbit Roundabout improvements: Completion date slips into October - 21st October 2020
- Legal e-scooter trial expected to start soon - 10th October 2020
- Roadworks in the Stokes: Plenty more to come! - 8th October 2020
- Woodlands Lane roundabout resurfacing set to start on Thursday - 16th September 2020