What is with the traffic today around Bradley Stoke? Took me 15 mins to travel from the roundabout at the bottom of Braydon Avenue to the Jubilee Centre. First sign of congestion at the Aztec roundabout and the whole town grinds to a halt.
Photo: Archive image of traffic congestion at the Aztec West Roundabout.
Ed: Plenty of discussion about this on our Facebook page this morning. See: http://on.fb.me/1tyzVrL
A sample of the comments:
- Emma Nicholson: “Guess why the kids have gone back to school and the council can’t organise roadworks and perform them right! Let’s make 2 lanes into 1 and wonder why Bradley Stoke, Aztec and everywhere [is at] a standstill”
- Simon Kneller: “The traffic planner for the council should be brought to account. If I made such a catastrophic and incompetent mistake I would sacked!”
- Martin Lamb: “Wait till they build ‘Filton Keynes’ – you will see gridlock then.”
- Alison Smallcombe: “Our council really should be ashamed of their organisation. These traffic problems wouldn’t happen in other countries.”
- Matthew Goddard: “One lane taken out of M5 J16 roundabout and this is what it causes.. Wouldn’t be so bad if it was being worked on, but not a workman in sight! SGC planners = joke!”
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Bus timetable changes on M1 & 73 from Sunday - 10th April 2021
- Raised table proposed for Brook Way zebra crossing - 4th April 2021
- 'Hop-on, hop-off' e-scooter hire scheme arrives in the Stokes - 14th February 2021
- Bus service frequencies to be reduced from Sunday - 22nd January 2021
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020