The 1st Bradley Stoke Scout Group and the Willow Brook Centre are inviting local residents to attend a Remembrance Day ceremony in the town square at 10.45am tomorrow morning (Sunday 9th November).
Stoke Gifford’s traditional Remembrance ceremony also takes place tomorrow, starting at 10.20pm at the cenotaph in North Road, followed by a service at Rock Lane Baptist Church at 11am.
Patchway’s Remembrance event takes place next Sunday (16th November), with a parade from Waterside Drive at 10.15am followed by a ceremony at the war memorial in Rodway Road.
Armistice Day (Tuesday November 11th) will be marked in Bradley Stoke by a short ceremony at the Willow Brook Centre, starting just before 11am. Organised by the Stoke Gifford branch of the Royal British Legion, this will include the Exhortation, Last Post, Two Minute Silence, Reveille and Kohima Epitaph. Similar events will take place at Parkway Station and Sainsbury’s supermarket in Stoke Gifford.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Local student's 'hero' word art drawing to be raffled for charity - May 11th, 2020
- Lake desilting project: Further details released - May 10th, 2020
- [Letter] What are they doing to our town centre? - March 4th, 2020
- Local mum and son team become published authors - March 3rd, 2020
- Councillors overruled: McDonald’s and Starbucks drive-throughs allowed on appeal - February 26th, 2020