The 1st Bradley Stoke Scout Group and the Willow Brook Centre are inviting local residents to attend a Remembrance Day ceremony in the town square at 10.45am tomorrow morning (Sunday 9th November).
Stoke Gifford’s traditional Remembrance ceremony also takes place tomorrow, starting at 10.20pm at the cenotaph in North Road, followed by a service at Rock Lane Baptist Church at 11am.
Patchway’s Remembrance event takes place next Sunday (16th November), with a parade from Waterside Drive at 10.15am followed by a ceremony at the war memorial in Rodway Road.
Armistice Day (Tuesday November 11th) will be marked in Bradley Stoke by a short ceremony at the Willow Brook Centre, starting just before 11am. Organised by the Stoke Gifford branch of the Royal British Legion, this will include the Exhortation, Last Post, Two Minute Silence, Reveille and Kohima Epitaph. Similar events will take place at Parkway Station and Sainsbury’s supermarket in Stoke Gifford.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020