The 1st Bradley Stoke Scout Group and the Willow Brook Centre are inviting local residents to attend a Remembrance Day ceremony in the town square at 10.45am tomorrow morning (Sunday 9th November).
Stoke Gifford’s traditional Remembrance ceremony also takes place tomorrow, starting at 10.20pm at the cenotaph in North Road, followed by a service at Rock Lane Baptist Church at 11am.
Patchway’s Remembrance event takes place next Sunday (16th November), with a parade from Waterside Drive at 10.15am followed by a ceremony at the war memorial in Rodway Road.
Armistice Day (Tuesday November 11th) will be marked in Bradley Stoke by a short ceremony at the Willow Brook Centre, starting just before 11am. Organised by the Stoke Gifford branch of the Royal British Legion, this will include the Exhortation, Last Post, Two Minute Silence, Reveille and Kohima Epitaph. Similar events will take place at Parkway Station and Sainsbury’s supermarket in Stoke Gifford.
Last 5 posts in General News
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020
- Residents and businesses invited to enter mayor’s half-term charity scarecrow trail - 12th September 2020