Frozen food specialist Iceland is to open an outlet at the Willow Brook Centre in Bradley Stoke.
The new Iceland store, which is expected to start trading at the end of February 2015, will be located in the ‘retail terrace’ unit currently occupied by shoe retailer Brantano.
Signs on display at the Brantano store, which opened at Willow Brook back in July 2009, indicate that it will cease trading on Saturday (29th November).
Iceland is said to be currently recruiting about 20 staff for its new Bradley Stoke store.
Willow Brook Centre manager Andy Wynn said:
“We are delighted to have Iceland opening at Willow Brook. The frozen food retailer will add another dimension to our strong food offer at the centre.”
Launched in Oswestry in 1970, Iceland is amongst Britain’s fastest-growing food retailer with a network of more than 800 stores, annual sales in excess of £2.6 billion and over 25,000 staff around the UK.
Australian singer Peter Andre has recently been signed to front the retailer’s advertising campaign.
• In a reader poll conducted on the Bradley Stoke Journal website during September 2013, the top three types of store that people said they would like to see open at the Willow Brook Centre were: (1) A post office; (2) A clothing store; and (3) A bank. See the full results on our Polls Archive page.
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Willow Brook shopping centre prepares for more businesses to reopen - 9th June 2020
- Discount retailer One Below to open store at Willow Brook - 19th September 2019
- Hospice charity shop now open at Willow Brook - 6th September 2019
- Children’s Hospice South West to open new charity shop in Bradley Stoke - 10th August 2019
- Willow Brook backtracks over speed bumps - 2nd August 2019