Incidents of violence and vandalism in Bradley Stoke over the Christmas period have marred celebrations for some local residents.
On Christmas Eve, fights in the Three Brooks public house spilled out into the street, leaving broken glass over the road and necessitating a police response.
Three days later, in the early hours of Saturday 28th December, a Journal reader reported an attempted break-in in Little Green:
“Someone tried breaking into my flat just now at 04:32. I could hear them trying to bend the pc windows out on my ground floor flat. I cleared my throat loudly and they ran off. I could hear two people whispering before they started pulling the windows.”
This was followed by another report on our Facebook page today (Tuesday 30th December):
“Vandalism on Rosemary Close at about 2am last night. Someone smashed our downstairs bathroom window, which woke me up. Doesn’t look like an attempted burglary as the window is very small and highly visible on the street. We reported to the police this morning. Has anyone else had any incidents?”
Also on our Facebook page, several residents reported being woken by the police helicopter hovering over Bradley Stoke at around 1.25am on Christmas Day. The National Police Air Service tweeted later that they had been “assisting with [the] search for a vulnerable missing person”. The outcome of the operation is unknown.
- Report a crime or incident (Avon and Somerset Police)
- Detailed crime statistics for Bradley Stoke (Police.uk)
Last 5 posts in Police
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - January 23rd, 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - November 15th, 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - July 30th, 2019
- Working group formed to tackle “spike” in ASB - July 8th, 2019
- New year starts without a single PCSO in the Stokes - February 12th, 2019