The Willow Brook shopping centre in Bradley Stoke has been recognised for its green credentials, winning an ISO 14001 environment accreditation – an internationally recognised standard for an organisation’s environmental management system.
Over the past two years, Willow Brook has put rigorous systems in place to reduce energy consumption and improve its waste management.
During this period, the centre has reduced its gas consumption by more than 90 percent and electricity usage has gone down more than 30 percent. And 100 percent of the onsite waste is either recycled or recovered.
The auditor was impressed with the comprehensive systems and processes put in place by Willow Brook.
Willow Brook manager Andy Wynn said:
“We take the environmental performance of the centre very seriously and continually review and update our processes to make it as efficient as possible.”
“We are delighted to have been awarded ISO 14001 and will continue to keep up the good work in the future.”
Related link: Willow Brook Centre
Source: Press release from the Willow Brook Centre.
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Willow Brook shopping centre prepares for more businesses to reopen - 9th June 2020
- Discount retailer One Below to open store at Willow Brook - 19th September 2019
- Hospice charity shop now open at Willow Brook - 6th September 2019
- Children’s Hospice South West to open new charity shop in Bradley Stoke - 10th August 2019
- Willow Brook backtracks over speed bumps - 2nd August 2019