Downend Round Table, which covers the Bradley Stoke area, has announced that it will be giving away £10,000 to local worthy causes at a Dragons’ Den style evening next month.
As well as registered charities, the organisation says it is prepared to consider “pitches” from all types of groups and even individuals who have a specific need such as wheelchairs or home adaptations.
Expressions of interest should be made online at www.surveymonkey.com/r/D7F9D5D
The closing date for applications is 8pm on 24th April.
Applicants will be notified if they been successful by 1st May, in order to give them chance to prepare for the Den.
Those who make it through selection will get the chance to present to the Downend Dragons at 7pm on 8th May at Resound on Blackhorse Road.
This will be based on a 5-minute presentation (format of your choosing, but laptop or performance area available) followed by 5 minutes of questions from the Dragons.
Contestants will be encouraged to bring their supporters along to make an entertaining evening for all participants.
For more information, visit downendrt.co.uk
This article originally appeared in the April 2015 edition of the Bradley Stoke Journal news magazine, delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH, to 9,500 homes in Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021