Ever thought of volunteering but didn’t know where to start? Want to offer assistance to, or gain experience in supporting: children and young people, animals, families, older people or those in need – through a variety of exciting volunteer opportunities?
As part of Volunteers’ Week 2015, Patchway, Filton and the Stokes Volunteer Centre (PFSVC) is hosting a local mini ‘speed match’ event.
Kate Ross of PFSVC said:
“Come and meet organisations between 2-6pm on Thursday 4th June at Bradley Stoke Library and join the movement!”
Volunteers’ Week is an annual event which takes place this year from 1st to 7th June. It celebrates the contribution made by millions of volunteers across the UK and is run by the National Council for Voluntary Organisations in partnership with Volunteer Development Scotland, Volunteer Now (Northern Ireland) and Wales Council for Voluntary Action.
From showcasing the different volunteering roles on offer, taster sessions and team challenges with new partners, to volunteer recruitment events, awards ceremonies and launching new volunteering campaigns, events take place throughout the country.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021