Ever thought of volunteering but didn’t know where to start? Want to offer assistance to, or gain experience in supporting: children and young people, animals, families, older people or those in need – through a variety of exciting volunteer opportunities?
As part of Volunteers’ Week 2015, Patchway, Filton and the Stokes Volunteer Centre (PFSVC) is hosting a local mini ‘speed match’ event.
Kate Ross of PFSVC said:
“Come and meet organisations between 2-6pm on Thursday 4th June at Bradley Stoke Library and join the movement!”
Volunteers’ Week is an annual event which takes place this year from 1st to 7th June. It celebrates the contribution made by millions of volunteers across the UK and is run by the National Council for Voluntary Organisations in partnership with Volunteer Development Scotland, Volunteer Now (Northern Ireland) and Wales Council for Voluntary Action.
From showcasing the different volunteering roles on offer, taster sessions and team challenges with new partners, to volunteer recruitment events, awards ceremonies and launching new volunteering campaigns, events take place throughout the country.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020