Last night our cat was subjected to a vicious dog attack. It happened on the footpath adjacent to the doctors’ surgery on Braydon Avenue.
The fire brigade were called to rescue her from a tree after she climbed up to escape the attack.
Following the incident, neither the dog nor the owner were anywhere to be seen.
Peanut spent the night at the vets and the latest update is that her palate has been split in two, she has a badly damaged eye and is in considerable pain from other injuries. She is to be operated on this morning and we can only hope that she will be ok.
My concern is that the footpath is used regularly by dog walkers, families, joggers etc., and if a dog can attack like this, I dread to think of the consequences if a child were attacked.
These people didn’t even have the decency to stay behind to apologise.
Needless to say, myself and my partner are distraught.
Peanut is loved by everyone around her as she is such a little character.
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to contact Rob on 07920 829407.
Any information received will be passed to the local dog warden.
Jan & Rob
Archive image: Vicious dog. [Credit: S. Carter; licence: CC BY-SA 2.0; link: https://flic.kr/p/4FRdPG]
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021