Members of Bradley Stoke Town Council (BSTC) have been debating a way forward for the mayoral chain, now that it has now reached its maximum capacity for medals (the last one having now been engraved).
Officers reported that it is not feasible to merely add more medals in the main body of the chain, as it would make it too long, but it would be possible to add another line of medals across the back of the chain.
However, councillors have expressed a preference for retiring the current chain and purchasing a new one, including a hand painted badge of office for the centre and a carrying case, at an estimated total cost of up to £4,000. Two further quotes are to be obtained before the matter is brought back to council.
Officers have also been tasked with investigating the possible purchase of a simple lapel badge of office to be presented to past (and future) mayors.
Source: BSTC draft minutes, 16th September [MS Word] (see items 12.1.3 & 12.1.4 and Appendix B)
This article originally appeared in the October 2015 edition of the Bradley Stoke Journal news magazine, delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH, to 9,500 homes in Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
• At the earlier Strategic Planning Meeting (held on 7th September), councillors agreed to “RECOMMEND to Full Council” that BSTC spends up to £4,000 to retire the current chain and purchase a new chain (in hallmarked silver gilt) + badge of office + carry case with the cost to be taken from Contingent Reserve and paid back from year-end surplus. A quote of £3,285 for providing these goods and services had been obtained from one potential supplier prior to this recommendation being made.
Last 5 posts in Bradley Stoke Town Council
- Town council reveals plan for changes at Brook Way Activity Centre site - March 2nd, 2017
- Council agrees to extend car park at Brook Way - August 24th, 2016
- Meet the new mayor: Elaine Hardwick - June 22nd, 2016
- Former mayors honoured at town meeting - June 9th, 2016
- Elaine Hardwick is Bradley Stoke's new mayor - May 25th, 2016
Share this article:
Tags: mayoral chain