Several children were selected for their outstanding perseverance, and are pictured above with Ben (click image to enlarge).
The children were thoroughly inspired, and got a chance to hold Ben’s silver medal from the Beijing Games in 2008 and his bronze medal from the London 2012 Games.
Meadowbrook sports coach Deborah Kumar-Benjamin said:
“We must all remember to be the best we can be. Thanks to all the staff for an amazing morning!”
This article originally appeared in the November 2015 edition of the Bradley Stoke Journal news magazine, delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH, to 9,500 homes in Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in Sport
- Young footballers raring to go post-lockdown - 27th March 2021
- Covid-19: Resuming outdoor bowls in Bradley Stoke - 18th March 2021
- The virtual road to the London Marathon 2020 - 2nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke pair clinch trophy in delayed championship final - 17th November 2020
- Girls, come and play football with BSYFC! - 10th November 2020