Several children were selected for their outstanding perseverance, and are pictured above with Ben (click image to enlarge).
The children were thoroughly inspired, and got a chance to hold Ben’s silver medal from the Beijing Games in 2008 and his bronze medal from the London 2012 Games.
Meadowbrook sports coach Deborah Kumar-Benjamin said:
“We must all remember to be the best we can be. Thanks to all the staff for an amazing morning!”
This article originally appeared in the November 2015 edition of the Bradley Stoke Journal news magazine, delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH, to 9,500 homes in Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in Sport
- Young footballers back in training at new base - 1st October 2020
- Every step matters for the Sole Sisters runners - 30th September 2020
- Ladies’ football teams ready for new season - 19th September 2020
- Hundreds attend Butty’s memorial match at BSCS - 10th February 2020
- Sole Sisters can get you running – Beginners’ course starts Monday 6th January - 5th January 2020