Karen Gaman of Sole Sisters ladies-only north Bristol running club writes:
The Sole Sisters Beginners’ Course is ideal for any ladies who want to start running, but don’t know how to begin. Three times each year, we offer a training course for women who wish to start running, have never run before or are returning after a long period of rest, illness or injury.
Our next course starts at 7pm on Monday 11th January 2016, meeting at Bailey’s Court Activity Centre, Bradley Stoke BS32 8BH.
We follow a realistic six-week training programme, with a gradual build-up of mileage, after which you will be able to join one of our main groups and hopefully enjoy it with a certain amount of self-satisfaction.
Many of our current members started out on this course and are now running regular 10ks, half marathons and even full marathons, so what we offer is a trusted method.
Each course costs £15. Full details and an application form are available from www.solesistersrc.co.uk/beginners.php
• This year’s Bradley Stoke 10k Run, organised by Sole Sisters, will take place on Sunday 5th June.
This article originally appeared in the January 2016 edition of the Bradley Stoke Journal news magazine, delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH, to 9,500 homes in Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in Sport
- Local runner pulls out all the stops to help visually impaired access his sport - March 7th, 2017
- Get running with Sole Sisters in the new year! - January 8th, 2017
- McDonald’s boost for local grassroots team - December 18th, 2016
- Thrilling stage of RAC rally in Bradley Stoke - December 7th, 2016
- Local runner’s century of half marathons - November 30th, 2016
Share this article: